What is Room in the Inn?
Room in the Inn is a treasured ministry here at Westminster that reaches out to our Charlotte neighbors experiencing homelessness. Typically, we will set up beds in the church and have people who need a bed stay overnight. The demand for RITI beds has decreased this season. As a result, we are pivoting away from hosting RITI every week and instead will focus on gathering needed supplies for our homeless neighbors.
We have told Roof Above that we will re-engage as an overnight host site as needed and will operate on an on-call basis in the event that the demand for beds increases. We so appreciate the body of believers at Westminster and are grateful for your support of our homeless neighbors and your willingness to serve them where it’s most needed.
How can I get involved?
Even though we aren't hosting guests as much as we used to, you can still help to serve our neighbors through RITI. Please look for bins in the gathering area and bring in donations from the following list:
- Laundry liquid detergent (free & clear for sensitive skin, odor relief, unscented, hypoallergenic, 2x concentrated)
- New (not used) winter gloves, scarfs, and hats
- Dr. Scholl’s odor-x Sweat absorbing foot power
- Rubber shower flip flops
- Packs of sore throat lozenges
- Irish Spring soap bars
- New reading glasses power 1.5 or 2.0
- Master Lock 131D Aluminum Keyed Padlock
- Individual snack variety packs (Oreos, potato chips, pretzels, Goldfish, peanut butter crackers, and cookies)
Have a Question?
Use this form to email a question to Lindsay Norvell (Lindsay.Norvell@mcgriff.com)